Staying at home is usually an easy thing to do. Especially when you’ve had a long week at the office. But when you’re asked to stay in your home 24/7 for the foreseeable future, it can be overwhelming.
To help ease the tension and keep your mind and hands occupied, we’ve put together a list of our top “at home” activities to tackle during the Stay at Home order – without having to run out to the store.
- Yard work – With warmer weather rolling in and wildfire season approaching, now is a great time to clear away overgrowth from around your house, prep your garden, prune your trees and shrubs, and move your wood pile away from the side of the house.
- Organizing that room– Everyone has one. It’s the junk room, cabinet, drawer, etc. that you dump everything into when you’re unsure of where to put it. Well, now is the perfect time to finally organize that space to keep what you’ll use and clear out any actual junk.
- Have a picnic – Whether it’s in your backyard, on a balcony or in your living room, layout a blanket, grab some of your favorite foods, put on some music you love, and voila! You’re having a picnic.
- Game night – This can be done with those in your house, by yourself or online with friends and family. Card games, board games and puzzles are great at home games. If you’re trying to connect with people not in your house, there are plenty of online games you can download and play – click here for some inspiration.
- Exercise – For physical exercise, Amazon Prime has several work outs and yoga classes available at no cost to those with prime memberships. For a mental work out, there are several meditation apps available for download at little to no cost.
We know this is a challenging time for everyone, and it can be hard to see the silver lining in such a grim situation. Setting daily goals and lining up activities can help get you through it. We hope everyone is staying safe out there!